HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PRO EVO MASTERS LEAGUE - PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO FOLLOW FUTURE POSTS
Custom Search

Tuesday 21 June 2011

MASTER LEAGUE ONLINE - FRUSTRATED!

OK, so I have been working on building my team in MLO. I have been playing as many games as I can.

Until recently, 90% of the players I have come up against in quick match setting for master league online have been higher divisions than me. I of course am in division 5, but have always been just off a promotion place to division 4.

I have worked very hard in my games and still manage to score, although being up against stronger teams, I feel inadequate compared to their strike force. My defence is still mainly default apart from A Hughes who gets me out of many scrapes. This definitely seems the area I need to focus, but also I believe my shooting skills are pretty dire in PES 2011!

Yes I do score in most of my games, but I also concede many. I have plenty of shots, but more often than not, the shots just do not want to go in. Is it the way I shoot, am I bottling it last minute and finding me bumbling the few chances I get of actually winning the game? I have a few options. 

Firstly, my shooting needs practice. If I am obviously getting the chances, I need to be putting them away. This is where the training mode comes in. Practice, practice, practice is the only way I can achieve this.

Secondly, I have seen in many places on the web that the scripting issues in PES 2011 can directly affect the result of the game, regardless of the way you play. We have all seen the stumble animations, the way our defenders are pulling away from the opponents as they attack, and also the amount of times I have seen my players look at the ball and do nothing is unbelievable. The other scripting issue I have found, can affect your scoring ability. Perhaps my version of PES 2011 has been set so I can never enjoy a decent run of wins, or maybe when in game, certain strings of events on my behalf can start a pre-set video of my downfall towards the end of the game.

The last thing I would like to mention is the effect your players form arrows can affect the outcome of the game.
If your players are on green arrows for instance, and your opponents are mainly on red (even though they have a much weaker team) I think you can definitely be sure you will not win the game. Either that, or the opponent is cheating somehow. 

You can never know how your opponent form arrows are, and the same goes for them, but if you have a bad set of arrows, then you will have a tough match. 

Hopefully my next post will be of a more positive nature as I hope to get some decent practice in training mode (an area I have not tried in 2011). Will the form rise and give me a decent chance of promotion, I do not know.

The one new area I did tinker with, was the online match settings. As you know, I was coming up against opponents higher than me about 90% of the time. Tonight I changed the settings and received 5 opponents in div 5! I still didn't win a game, but was glad to come against these opponents. 

Until next time folks, good luck to you all in your modes of PES 2011, and I hope you have more positive news than I have of late.

BOB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever your experience is with Pro Evolution Soccer, feel free to leave a message or comment here.

Don't be afraid! There are plenty of PES players that have had similar experiences and are happy to help with any questions you may have!